I WANT IT NOW, RIGHT NOW! HUNGER AND CRAVINGS DURING PREGNANCY
Are you always hungry when you're pregnant? Do you have to eat something sweet right away? Or do you devour a steak (even if you're a vegetarian)? You feel the urges very strongly. Your body needs it instantly. And if it doesn’t get what it wants... you can't guarantee what will happen! If you see yourself in this description, you should know that you're not alone.
But why do you get food cravings?
Maybe the cravings depend on hormones. Or maybe it’s the joy of being able to eat anything without a guilty conscience? Maybe your body just wants to show you that is needs something... The reality is probably a combination of all these factors. In any case, cravings always happen when your blood sugar level drops quickly. And this happens in pregnancy due to greater nutritional needs.
Chocolate during pregnancy
Let's face it: chocolate won’t solve the problem of hunger attacks (at least not in the long term). With sweet foods a lot of insulin is produced in the body, the substance needed to break down sugar. So your blood glucose level falls rapidly due to the insulin. And you're hungry again. And you want something sweet even more. Not good, right? So, what can you do when you have a hunger attack?
We will now reveal the best remedy for food cravings during pregnancy
The best remedy against hunger is: eat! But eat the right things at the right time. You don't have to satisfy every craving during pregnancy. Instead, you should cleverly "fool" your body. Ideal foods are those rich in fibre likes fruits and vegetables.
But if you still have hunger pangs or cravings (ice cream and pickles are just a cliché ... pizza and French fries are a real temptation!), then you have to be careful. Do this:
Healthy alternatives in case of cravings and hunger pangs
- If for the tenth time you want french fries, ketchup and mayonnaise, you could, for example, keep cooked potatoes in the fridge to eat with a creamy cheese Milbona
- If you want potato chips, buying some pretzels BEFORE is a healthier alternative
- In place of the second (or third or fourth) piece of cake with cream, you can opt for Milbona skyr, a super healthy quark originating from Iceland: it contains very little fat and lots of protein
- Instead of a bag of gummy bears in front of the TV, park a bowl of dried fruit and nuts on your tummy (at Lidl you find a wide variety)
- Cheese (warning: never raw milk) is an ideal snack
- If you constantly feel like ice cream, try freezing some yogurt. Maybe insert an ice cream stick through the aluminum lid to make a yogurt pop.
There, now you should have enough ideas and no more excuses for gaining healthy weight.
One last tip: send him to do the grocery shopping at Lidl
Of course, in this case, you might be upset because he bought the Milbona Yogurt drink Strawberry instead of Milbona Yogurt drink Peach and Passion Fruit (didn't you expressly say to get peach and passion fruit?). On the other hand he won’t come home with 7 bars of milk chocolate that you can’t resist. The choice is yours...