TRENDY VINTAGE STYLE: RECYCLED PAPER GIFT BAGS
Recycle gift wrapping paper to wrap gifts for Grandma and Grandpa? Definitely not! You can do better. With old flyers from Lidl you can make beautiful vintage-style paper bags.
This trendy packaging will draw attention to your gift and the best thing is that the paper bags are really easy to prepare. In addition, it costs nothing! That way you can spend the money for what you put in the bag instead.
Everything you need is already in your home:
- Promotional leaflets from Lidl
- A piece of construction paper (the remains of a box of breakfast cereal)
- Hole puncher
- For decoration: doilies, photos, coloured markers or glitter, paper flowers
Proceed like this:
- Place several pages of the flyer on the table. The longer side should be facing you. To make the bag more stable, you have to fold the top edge (about 1 cm) down and glue it well.
- Then fold the left side toward the centre. Do not open. Now take the right side toward the centre, overlapping 1 cm at centre, and glue it right at that point. Now you can already see the size of your bag.
- Let’s do the bottom: to build it, fold the bottom edge (5 cm), open it slightly in half to form a triangle on the right and left. Flatten everything.
- Apply glue to the top and bottom of the bottom and press them together in the centre.
- Now you have to fold the left and right sides (respectively 2.5 cm) toward the centre and then reopen it. Your gift bag will slowly take shape.
- Put your hand into the bag and gently open it. Push inside at the centre fold of the narrow sides and press open all corners with your hand.
- Now you can put in a small gift or candy. On the shelves at Lidl you can find lots of inspiration for a sweet little gift. To close, fold the opening (about 4 cm) down, make a hole and close with a cord. Add a bow and you’re done!
Tip: If desired, you can strengthen the bottom by adding some cardboard inside.
Customize in vintage style with photographs or flowers
With a little help, your child can almost make the bag by himself. Depending on the age, you can help him with several steps. He can press the edges or put the cord through the hole. Together you can decorate the bag with more pictures from the flyer. Just cut and paste them. Or use photographs from the flyer. Grandma will certainly be pleased. Ribbons or flowers are also beautiful. If you apply the tip of the doily to the opening, your gift package takes on a vintage style.
As you can see: not everything has to end up in the trash. It only takes a few minutes to create an original gift bag and save money.