LIDL-DELUXE MAGICAL CHRISTMAS LOTTERY
1. Controller Details
The controller of your personal data is LIDL MALTA LIMITED, a company registered in Malta, bearing company registration number C 36317 and having its registered address at The Administration Office, Triq il-Karmnu, Luqa, LQA 1311, Malta.
We may be contacted at the abovementioned address, by email at email@example.com or via the form found at the following link: https://www.lidl.com.mt/en/Contact-Form.htm
Our Data Protection Officer may be contacted by post at Data Protection Office, c/o Lidl Malta Ltd., Triq il-Karmnu, Luqa LQA 1311 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The term “personal data” refers to all personally identifiable information about you and includes all the information you provide to Us when participating in Our Lottery and all other information which may arise that can be identified with you personally.
The personal data that We collect and process about you are the data that you provide to Us when participating in the Lottery. The following are the personal data that we are required to collect:
- name and surname;
- telephone number;
- email address;
- postal address;
- cookie sessions.
3. Purposes of Processing
The intended purposes of processing for which your personal data may be processed are:
- the Terms & Conditions (T&C) concluded with Us (including the taking of the steps necessary to enter into the T&Cs or any amendments) with regard to the processing of your personal data for the purposes of your registration and participation in the Prize Draw; and
- validating your identity when delivering your Prize.
4. Legal Basis
Our legal bases of processing your personal data are:
- Entering into and performance of a contract as a result of your participation in Our Lottery and subsequent entry into Our Prize Draw. Providing such Personal Data is necessary for your participation in Our Prize Draw. The consequence for not carrying out such Processing would be that you would be unable to participate in the Prize Draw;
- Your explicit consent – in which case, Our Processing shall be limited to the purposes specifically indicated when your consent was requested; and
- Compliance with legal obligations imposed on Us;
- Our or a third party’s legitimate interest.
We might also have to process your personal data to to exercise or defend legal claims. Such processing would be carried out in reliance on Our, or a third party’s, legitimate interest. In such a scenario we shall ensure that your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms which require protection of personal data are respected.
The recipients of your personal data are:
- selected individuals within Our company;
- Our intra-group companies and affiliates, including Lidl Italia S.r.l a socio unico located at Via Augusto Ruffo 36, 37040 Arcole (VR), Italy and Lidl Stiftung & Co. KG located at Stiftsbergstraße 1, 74172 Neckarsulm (Germany);
- Our agents and third parties that provide services to Us, including JP Advertising Limited located at JPA, G.F. Agius de Soldanis Street, Santa Venera SVR 1910, Malta; and
- Third parties to whom disclosure may be required for your participation in the Prize Draw.
6. Processing Requirement
The processing of your personal data is not a statutory requirement: it is a requirement in order to register your participation in the Prize Draw. Failure to provide your personal data impedes Us from being in a position to register you and allow you to participate in the Prize Draw.
7.Automated Decision-Making and Profiling
Your personal data will not be used for any automated decision-making or profiling.
8. Source of the Data
As part of your successful participation in Our Lottery, you may have been requested to submit personal data pertaining to another individual. We have a right to inform said individual that you were the person who passed on his or her personal data to Us in conformance with the T&Cs of the Lottery.
9. Data Retention Period
Your personal data shall be held throughout the duration of the Prize Draw and in any event, until no later than 31st July 2021. Thereafter, it shall be immediately and irrevocably erased unless We need to keep your personal data to comply with a legal obligation, or to exercise or defend any legal claim.
10. Your Rights
For as long as We retain your personal data, you may:
- request access to and rectification of personal data where incomplete or inaccurate;
- request erasure of your personal data (where applicable);
- object to the processing of your personal data (where applicable);
- request to be informed of the source from which your personal data originates, if your personal data was not provided to Us directly by you;
- request that we provide you with any personal data you have provided us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format; and
- request that we transmit your personal data directly to you or to another controller indicated by you.
To the extent that the legal basis for our processing of your personal information is consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. Withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of processing before the withdrawal.
If you have any complaints regarding our processing of your personal data, please note that you may contact Us or Our Data Protection Officer at the details indicated above. You also have a right to lodge a complaint with the Office of the Information and Data Protection Commissioner in Malta (www.idpc.gov.mt).
12. Cookies and Data Analytics
We will keep this privacy notice under regular review. If there are any changes to this Policy, we will replace this page with an updated version on the website. At the start of this page, we will tell you when it was last updated.
We suggest that you check on the Policy any time you access our website so as to be aware of any changes which may occur from time to time.