Difficulty: very easy
Time: approx. 15min.
- Remove the seeds from the pomegranate: keep all the juice on one side to make the citronette;
- Add 2 parts of the pomegranate juice, 1 of oil, 1 pinch of salt and 1 of pepper and beat thoroughly with a fork to create the emulsion;
- Place the smoked duck fillet onto a plate, moisten it lightly with the citronette and leave it to marinate for 5-10 minutes;
- Finely slice the fennel, remove the stones from the dates and cut them in half lengthways;
- Peel the orange and remove the pith, separating off the segments, then cut them in half to get finer slices;
- Remove the kernels from the walnuts and cut them in half lengthways;
- Mix the fennel in with the soncino salad and lightly dress with oil and salt;
- Serve on the plates with the help of a pastry cutter so the fennel and soncino salad is on the base;
- Add part of the dates, walnuts and pomegranate seeds, and then make a layer of orange slices;
- Carefully arrange the smoked orange breast slices on top;
- Add the remaining walnuts and dates, and lightly moisten the dish with the pomegranate citronette, decorating the plate with little spots, for a stylish presentation.