Time: approx. 35min.
For the potato cream:
To make the potato cream:
- Peel the potatoes, and dice them into very small cubes, then rinse them thoroughly under running water to remove any excess starch;
- Cook in plenty of boiling, salted water;
- Warm the saffron in a small quantity of hot water;
- Blend the oil, salt, lemon, milk and saffron pistils and keep warm.
- Remove the insides of the calamari, and the fins and tentacles, and finely chop with a knife;
- Fry the garlic clove in a pan with a little hot chilli pepper, then add the chopped tentacles and fins of the calamari;
- Cook for 2 minutes and put to one side;
- In the same pan brown the bread dough with a drizzle of oil;
- Mix the calamari, toasted bread, egg, grated grana padano and chopped parsley together in a dish, adding some breadcrumbs if the mixture is too wet;
- Season with salt and pepper, and then stuff the calamari, closing them with a toothpick;
- Brown them in a pan on a high flame, moisten them with half a glass of white wine, and burn off the alcohol; finally, cover, and let them simmer for 10 minutes;
- Place the calmari on the saffron potato cream and garnish with a light DELUXE dusting of parsley.