LIDL-15TH ANNIVERSARY LOTTERY - 2023
https://www.lidl.com.mt/c/15th-anniversary-lottery-terms-and-conditions/s10021316 unless otherwise defined herein.
1. Controller Details
The controller of your personal data is LIDL MALTA LIMITED, a company registered in Malta, bearing company registration number C 36317 and having its registered address at The Administration Office, Triq il-Karmnu, Luqa, LQA 1311, Malta.
We may be contacted at the abovementioned address, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via the form found at the following link: https://customer-service.lidl.com.mt/SelfServiceMT/s/contactsupport
Our Data Protection Officer may be contacted by post at Data Protection Office, c/o Lidl Malta Ltd., Triq il-Karmnu, Luqa LQA 1311 or by email at email@example.com.
2. Categories of Personal Data
The term “personal data” refers to any and all personally identifiable information about you and includes all the information you provide to Us, and which is identifiable by Us, when participating in Our Lottery, as well as all other information which may arise that can be identified with you personally.
a. Your name and surname;
b. Your telephone number;
c. Your email address;
d. Your postal address;
e. Lidl Plus client ID;
f. Data regarding the customer’s receipt; and
g. Any and all information appearing on your identity card (ID), including a copy of the same. Your identity document will only be requested should you be a winner of a prize and this for the purpose, and due to the importance, of secure identification.
3. Purposes of Processing
Your data will only be processed for “the Intended purposes” under this policy or as may be required to defend any legal claim that may be brought against Us or any the listed processors of your personal data; or as may be ordered by any judicial or quasi-judicial authority or any government authority.
The intended purposes of processing of your personal data are:
- (i) Giving effect to the Terms & Conditions (T&Cs) concluded with Us (including the taking of any and all steps necessary to enter into the T&Cs or to implement any updates or amendments thereto) with regard to your participation in the Prize Draws or anything relative or ancillary thereto; and
- (ii) validating your identity when delivering your Prize.
4. Legal Basis
Our legal bases of processing your personal data are:
- (i) Entering into and performance of a contract as a result of your participation in Our Lottery and subsequent entry into Our Prize Draw. Providing such Personal Data is necessary for your participation in Our Prize Draw. The consequence for not carrying out such Processing would be that you would be unable to participate in the Prize Draw;
- (ii) Your explicit consent – in which case, Our Processing shall be limited to the purposes specifically indicated when your consent was requested;
- (iii) Compliance with legal obligations imposed on Us; and
- (iv) Our or a third party’s legitimate interest.
We might also have to process your data to exercise or defend legal claims. Such processing would be carried out in reliance on Our, or a third party legitimate interest. In such a scenario, We shall ensure that your interests and fundamental rights and freedoms which require protection of personal data are respected.
The recipients of your personal data will be:
- a. selected individuals within Our company;
- b. Our intra-group companies and affiliates who process the personal data as data processors, including Lidl Italia S.r.l a socio unico located at Via Augusto Ruffo 36, 37040 Arcole (VR), Italy, Lidl Stiftung & Co. KG located at Stiftsbergstraße 1, 74172 Neckarsulm (Germany) and Republic of Ireland and the Netherlands because the server is located there;
- c. Our agents and third parties that provide services to Us as data processors, including but not limited to JP Advertising Limited located at JPA, G.F. Agius de Soldanis Street, Santa Venera SVR 1910, Malta; and
- d. The Malta Gaming Authority as independent data controller, located at the Malta Gaming Authority Building SCM 02-03, Level 4, SmartCity Malta, Ricasoli SCM 1001;
- e. Third parties to whom disclosure may be required for your participation in the Prize Draw.
6. Processing Requirement
The processing of your personal data is not a statutory requirement: it is a requirement in order to register your participation in the Prize Draw. Failure to provide your personal data impedes Us from being in a position to register you and allow you to participate in the Prize Draw.
7. Automated Decision-Making and Profiling
Your personal data will not be used for any automated decision-making or profiling.
8. Source of the Data
As part of your successful participation in Our Lottery, you may have been requested to submit personal data pertaining to another individual. We have a right to inform said individual that you were the person who passed on his or her personal data to Us in compliance with the T&Cs of the Lottery.
9. Data Retention Period
Your personal data shall be held throughout the duration of the Prize Draw and in any event, until no later than 31st January 2024. Thereafter, it shall be immediately and irrevocably erased unless We need to keep your personal data to comply with any legal obligation, or to exercise or defend any legal claim.
10. Your Rights
For as long as We retain your personal data, you may (where applicable):
- a. request access to and rectification of personal data where incomplete or inaccurate;
- b. request erasure of your personal data;
- c. object to the processing of your personal data;
- d. request to be informed of the source from which your personal data originates, if your personal data was not provided to Us directly by you;
- e. request that we provide you with any personal data you have provided us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format; and
- f. request that we transmit your personal data directly to you or to another controller indicated by you.
To the extent that the legal basis for our processing of your personal information is your consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. Withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of processing by Us at any point prior to the withdrawal nor Our right to retain your personal data in terms of Clause 9 above.
If you have any complaints regarding our processing of your personal data, please note that you may contact Us or Our Data Protection Officer at the details indicated above. You also have a right to lodge a complaint with the Office of the Information and Data Protection Commissioner in Malta ( www.idpc.gov.mt).
We will keep this privacy notice under regular review. If there are any changes to this Policy, we will replace this page with an updated version on the App. At the start of this page, we will tell you when it was last updated.
We suggest that you check on the Policy any time you access our App so as to be aware of any changes which may occur from time to time.